Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Hooked on Having Fun!








 Sophomore year did not disappoint! You started this year with a little more sense of normalcy than your freshman year of college. I was excited to watch you move in with some of your best friends, even if the stairs did almost kill us. :) I am amazed to see how much you all have grown as young women, but your maturity never ceases to amaze me. I often see the best parts of myself reflected in you, but you make all those qualities shine even brighter. You continue to rock the college life in grades and social experiences which makes me very proud. I am blessed to have shared in some of these experiences. Mom's weekend just may be one of my favorite times of the year.  This year's mom's weekend was packed with things to do. I don't know what my favorite part was...watching you put on your Longhorn ring for the first time or attending the different events and getting to meet some of your friends. I do know this, all of the weekend experiences reminded me to live life through your eyes. You take life by the horns and never look back. You work harder than most people I know which is why you were able to receive your college ring after only attending the University of Texas for 2 years. People flock to you. No matter where you go people's faces light up when they see you, and they can't wait to hug your neck or say a hello. This made me so proud to witness. You exuberate confidence, compassion, and an overall can do spirit. I hope you never let anyone extinguish this flame that burns within you.

As you head into summer this is what I want you to know. I believe in you always because you have already proven that you can and will accomplish anything you set your mind to do. You are beautiful, not only on the outside but on the inside as well. Your kindness to others does not go unnoticed. You are grounded in your faith, and with God on your side you can conquer any adversity that comes your way. Don't ever settle for second best. Your dad and I have provided the foundation for you to succeed so surround yourself with people who love you like we do and who push you to be great. Lastly, it is okay to be afraid sometimes. No matter what, I am only a phone call away no matter what time of day or night. Do not ever hesitate to call me to calm your fears or ease your doubts.

You are smart, you are special, you are my girl! Continue to be hooked on having fun! When I grow up, I want to be like you! :) I love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment