Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Way too long away!

OK, sweet girl, so I have spent way too much time away from writing to you. So much has happened since I last wrote, and I was feeling a little overwhelmed trying to figure out how I was ever going to catch up. This made me push writing further and further away. I decided I wasn't going to let that keep me away. I need to start getting back into chronicling the big events in your life so I will start again today. First of all, I am so proud of you! This is a big year for you. You are in 5th grade and about to graduate to middle school. I have to say, this is a bit scary for me because I cannot believe that my baby girl is growing up so fast. Second, you tried cheerleading for the first time this year and absolutely loved it! You were a part of the Redskins squad. The football team and cheer team is made up of some incredible boys and girls. You are so lucky to have such amazing friends. You did quite well and even made the All Star squad! I was not surprised, as you have always been an All Star in my eyes! You will celebrate your 11th birthday this Friday. Where does the time go??? It will also be 6 years since we said goodbye to Mamoo. I know that she is so proud of you, and that her smile from heaven for you kids lights our sky each day. As you turn 11 and are about to begin a new journey in middle school I have some wishes for you. My first wish for you is that you make lasting friendships. Do not ever be afraid to friend someone who is different than you. Sometimes they make the best friends. Always be kind to others, but don't let them mistake your kindness for weakness. You have to always stand up for yourself. I wish for you to be the best leader you can be. Someone has to take the first step or we would all be standing still. Do what is right, even when no one else is watching, and you will live a fulfilling and happy life.  My 3rd wish for you is to live your life as if tomorrow may not exist. Don't ever be afraid to take chances, don't go to bed sad, mad, or upset. It wastes too much of your positive energy away. Tomorrow will always be a better day.  Take risks and try new adventures. Don't put off until tomorrow things that you want to do today. You are an incredible girl! I am happy to call you my daughter. Always remember theses 3 things: you are smart, you are special, you are IMPORTANT!!!

I love you with all my heart, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment